The Organizing Committee will provide a Kukkiwon Master Instructor License Course. The Kukkiwon Master License Course will provide training and education by Kukkiwon and guest instructors. All 4th Dan and above candidates who successfully complete the Master License Course will receive a Master Instructor License from the Kukkiwon. 3rd Dan and below who successfully complete the Master License Course will receive a Graduation Certificate only. The Kukkiwon Master License Course has a required training hour total of forty (40) hours. The U.S. Taekwondo Committee is working together with Kukkiwon to ensure the compliance with the training hours required.
The Organizing Committee will pay for Master Instructor License Course participants’ hotel room only on Friday, June 16th and Saturday, June 17th, 2017. All participants will be assigned a roommate. Additionally, all participants will be invited to a formal dinner banquet on Friday June 16th hosted by President of Kukkiwon, and Saturday June 17th hosted by Chairman of the Kukkiwon Board of Directors. These are the only 2 meals that will be provided by the Organizing Committee.
The Master License Course is limited to the 1st 300 applicants on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS INCLUDING HIGH DAN/SKIP DAN CANDIDATES.
DATES: Friday, June 16th, Saturday, June 17th, and Sunday June 18th, 2017
COST: This Master License Course has been offered in the past for $350 per person. This course is ONLY $200 per person.
The Kukkiwon will host two dinner receptions:
- Friday, June 16, 2017 (Time TBA) | Hosted by the President of Kukkiwon
- Saturday, June 17th (Time TBA) | Hosted by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Kukkiwon
Both receptions will be held at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center located at 7800 East Tufts Avenue in Denver, CO 80237. As a participant of the Special Test, each applicant will be invited to attend these 2 dinner receptions.
The following special guests have been invited to speak at the dinner receptions and participate in photo opportunities:
- Dr. Un Yong Kim, Founding President of Kukkiwon and the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF), and former Vice President of International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Seung Wan Lee, former President of Kukkiwon
- Sung Chon Hong, Chairman of Board of Directors of Kukkiwon
- Hyun Deuk Oh, President of Kukkiwon
- Sung Tae Kim, Chairman of Taekwondo Promotion Foundation
All participants MUST wear a White Taekwondo Dobok (uniform) and Black Belt. Taekwondo shoes are optional.
The fee for the Master License course is $200.00. Unfortunately, there are no staff or family discounts